Prom dress is something you’ve certainly fantasized of since you were a freshman – and maybe even longer than that. Every child should take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime chance to dance the night away with their friends (or even their crush) in a magnificent gown that will make them feel like a movie star.
As a result, when the big night finally comes, finding the proper gown will be essential. However, how can you be certain that it will look well on your body type? To get the best results, look for prom dresses that are tailored to your body shape.
Here are a few ideas to get you started on the right foot.
Finding out what shape you’re in
Despite the fact that all women are beautiful, there are some dress styles that are more flattering on different body shapes. When looking for a prom dress, the first thing you need do is figure out what sort of physique you have.
You may check your reflection in the mirror, take a few full-body photos, or obtain a tape measure and ask your friends to help you determine which of the following you are:
- Rectangle: Girls with a rectangular body shape have breasts, waists, and hips that are all around the same size as one another. This kind of physique is sometimes referred to as “athletic.” Cameron Diaz and Jada Pinkett Smith are just a few of celebs that have rectangle bodies!
- Curvy: Women described as having “hourglass figures” are often referred to as being “curvy.” Even if the breasts and hips of these ladies are similar in size, there is a significant disparity in the size of their waists. As an example, you may think about celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez and Christina Hendricks, or possibly Marilyn Monroe.
- Petite: It is a word used in the fashion business to designate ladies who are under 5 feet 3 inches tall. One thing that all tiny girls have in common is that they are all under 5 feet tall, however this varies significantly from person to person. Celebs such as Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande are among the slenderest in the world.
- Tall: Because their namesake indicates, tall females are, well, tall. Tall girls, like their lesser counterparts, are instantly distinguishable by their physical size alone, as previously said. When it comes to finding the right prom dress, your height is the most significant factor to take into consideration. You might be tall and skinny, tall and square-shaped, or any combination of the above characteristics.
- Triangle: The triangle shape, sometimes known as the “pear shape,” is a common geometric shape that may be seen in many places. Individuals with this body type have hips that are wider than their shoulders, which is distinctive of them (which creates a triangle-like shape with your torso). Some of the most well-known personalities that have a pear or triangle form are Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, and Hilary Duff, to name a few.
- Inverted triangle: Individuals with a pear shape have shoulders that are narrower than their hips, while individuals with an inverted triangle shape have shoulders that are wider than their hips. Among the many renowned celebrities who have this body type down to a science are Angelina Jolie, Kelly Clarkson, and Dolly Parton, to name a few.
Choosing the appropriate prom dress for your body type
Following the determination of your body type, it is critical to narrow down your search to dresses that will look their best on you. This step may prevent you from wasting hours trying on tens of thousands of gowns that don’t fit you in the first place. Having a clear understanding of what to look for expedites and enhances the whole experience.
Here are a few suggestions to help you choose the best style for your own preferences and body type:
- RECTANGLE body types should wear dresses that are figure-hugging.
When you have a square body shape, make the most of your apparel in order to add some intrigue to your overall style! One alternative is to dress in a gown with a one-shoulder design. The asymmetrical design will give your outfit more depth and charm. Choosing an empire waist dress or a tight, trumpet-style gown for prom night will allow you to show off your curves. These cuts have the potential to increase your va-va-voom!
- It is simpler for curvy females to discover prom dresses that feature “va-va-voom” when it comes to selecting prom gowns that suit their body. However, how can you be confident that you’ll be in your finest possible shape for prom night? A cinched-in design is a terrific method to accentuate your waistline without seeming too tight. Kleider, with an upper bodice that fits tightly, such as those with highlighted or bejeweled waistlines, are perfect. According to your own choice, you may choose to dance in a flowing skirt or a fitting skirt.
- Fashions in small sizes for Petite girls , Females of tiny stature desire to seem taller while wearing prom gowns. By displaying a little leg, you can do this! Choose a dress with high slits, an asymmetrical cut, or vertical decorations to make yourself seem taller than you really are!
- A tall girl who is confident in her physical height is a sight to see. That is something you will be able to accomplish on prom night! Dress in a floor-length gown with a form-fitting silhouette to highlight your height. Regardless of the method used, we can guarantee that the end product will be spectacular. It goes without saying that this is only a starting point for your brainstorming sessions. From here, you are free to experiment with a broad choice of colors, textures, accessories, and other elements to design a prom dress that really expresses your own style and personality.
- They will be looking for symmetry in their costumes, regardless of whether they are triangle-shaped or inverted triangle-shaped in form. Each individual, on the other hand, has his or her own method of obtaining this state of balance. Triangle-shaped females should wear a gown that drapes over their hips in order to achieve balance and symmetry on their bodies. In the event that it is feasible, look for A-line dresses with embroidered or otherwise different necklines. Necklines draw the viewer’s attention upward, drawing attention to your shoulders and restoring your body’s natural balance.
- Inverted triangle ladies, on the other hand, are supposed to appear precisely like the triangle girls we discussed before.. We’re not attempting to draw attention to the shoulders, but rather to the hips here! Dresses with defined waistlines, such as a mermaid or trumpet-style gown, are ideal for these young ladies.
Moreover, Rimolin has everything you’ll ever need! We’re certain you’ll discover something you love for the big event when you browse through our prom collection .