Velvet material was spotted all over the autumn runways, this time around it’s more lush, vibrant and adaptable than ever before. Velvet is one of the rare textiles that is both comfy but can also give some immediate elegance to your clothing. With the Christmas season quickly coming we’ll help you to be the best dressed with our ideas on how to wear them in trend.
What To Wear With A Velvet Dress
For fall/winter 2021, velvet dresses are back and better than ever before. Many designers from Prada to Preen exhibited velvet dresses on the runway, in an array of colors and patterns. There’s a few versions of the these dress for you to experiment with; select for something a bit longer for a classic ladylike look or a short and whimsical ruffled number as highlighted in Preen. To prevent becoming overwhelmed by fabric, don’t over-layer your style. During the cooler months, pair your velvet dress with a sleek mac and a cashmere scarf for a warm appearance.
One of the greatest characteristics of these gorgeous dress is that it’s the ideal style to swiftly take from day to night.
- During the day, dress it down with a blazer or keep it ultra casual with a leather jacket to create a luscious contrast of textures.
- Combine your dress with sharp stilettos, a striking clutch purse, and a pop of red lipstick for the nighttime.
- A red velvet dress may make you feel celebratory, but you can also look sophisticated by pairing it with a simple black choker and black strappy shoes.
- For the girlie girl in you, try a pink velvet short dress with gold shoes for a style that would make a Disney princess proud.
- If dresses aren’t exactly your style, a velvet jumpsuit, such as the one worn by Cara Delavigne at the MTV Movie Awards, would be a good alternative.
Shoes and Boots : How to Style Them
this mysterious boot is the must-have item for the current season. Maintaining a basic or even monochrome look for the rest of your outfit will enable you to show off your shoes to their maximum extent possible. Gigi Hadid, who was recently seen out and about in a denim-on-denim ensemble with red velvet boots, served as fashion inspiration for this outfit. Velvet stilettos are seeing a revival in popularity this season, which is great news for people who are weary of wearing leather or satin stilettos. Designers like as Jason Wu and Philip Lim are now offering velvet shoes, and we are completely obsessed with them.
- When it comes to creating a rock princess aesthetic, velvet boots look best when worn with casual jeans, a vintage-style shirt, and an oversized coat.
- For a casual night out, black leather pants may be combined with a shirt or silk vest and blue velvet boots to complete the look.
- Adding strappy velvet heels, a slit-to-the-thigh dress, and a dazzling handbag to an edgy evening ensemble is a winning combo.
- The velvet knee-high boots may be worn with skinny jeans and a black crop top or bodysuit to create an edgy nocturnal costume for a more formal occasion.
Accessories in Velvet That You’ll Love
Accessorizing is one of the most straightforward methods of expressing one’s own style. Velvet chokers will be all the rage this fall, and they will be quite affordable. For thicker hair, try out several styles to see what works best for you. Making a simple addition to your wardrobe, such as Rimolin’s scarf, may elevate it to the next level of refinement.
Our favorite fall item is the velvet handbag . Calvin Klein debuted a stunning red gown with gold-toned hardware for the spring/summer 2021 collection, which was previously unveiled. If you’re searching for something different, go no further than Fendi’s embroidered velvet peekaboo handbag. In this season of forward-thinking fashion statements, a longline velvet jacket and a purse or choker are the ideal pairing.
No matter if you’re wearing velvet boots or a handbag with embroidery, these gorgeous is an excellent chance to try out a fresh style this season. Let us know how you plan to wear the trend in fall by leaving a comment.